Thursday, October 3, 2013

Life Updates

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in ages, my past three weeks haven't exactly been what I would call fun or exciting. To fill those in who don't know what's been going on I've been sick, and in and out of the hospital.

Basically it started three weeks ago with excrutiating pain in my lower stomach. After countless tests (ultrasounds, blood, urine tests, CAT scans, etc..) they figured out that I have a cyst in one of my ovaries. This isn't really a big deal, as it's pretty common, but they couldn't figure out what was causing so much pain. They knew I had an infection as well but couldn't figure out where, but there was evidence of a ruptured cyst (in addition to the cyst that's there now), so it possibly could have come from that. Still, the pain wasn't going away so they sent me to yet another doctor and they're now testing for Crohn's disease and Colitis. I go tomorrow for another CAT scan, so all day today I'm on this strict diet where all I can eat is chicken, jello, and 7 up.

So these past 3 weeks have been pretty exhausting and draining. Good thing is that my mommy came for a week to be with me through out some of this stuff! That was wonderful, but she obviously couldn't stay forever.

The pain isn't unbearable anymore, but it's still there. Hopefully they figure out the issue tomorrow and I can continue living my life and doing fun things here, because that's all been on hold.

That's what's been going on. Maybe I'll post some things about my adventures that I haven't written about yet!

Thank you everyone for all of the support!
And a HUGE thank you to my housemates and my host parents for all helping me out SO much, I couldn't have done this without you guys!

Chau che!

No comments:

Post a Comment